Barkin Sues Ex for More Millions
Claims Perelman owes her film company
By Heather McPherson,  Newser User
Posted Aug 3, 2007 2:56 PM CDT
Actress Ellen Barkin arrives at the CineVegas opening night premiere of "Ocean's Thirteen" at the Palms hotel-casino in Las Vegas on Wednesday, June 6, 2007. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)   (Associated Press)
camera-icon View 2 more images

(Newser) – Ellen Barkin is $40 million richer after last year’s divorce from billionaire Ron Perelman, but now she says the Revlon mogul owes her production company $3.4 million. Barkin is suing her ex for the funding, promised in a contract—but Perelman has no intention of paying up, the New York Daily News reports.

The alleged deadbeat claims that Applehead Pictures hasn’t produced anything, says, and that the promised money is therefore not due. His spokesman says Barkin, who was wife No. 4 for 5 years, is  just trying “to get more money than the substantial settlement she has already received."