Technology Review presents 10 technologies you'll soon be hearing about.
- Peer-to-peer networking as a way for legitimate businesses to handle heavy data streaming.
- Nanocharging solar, which could make solar power cost-competitive.
- Artifically structured metamaterials.
- Personalized medical monitors.
- Single-cell analysis.
- Light-focusing optical antennas that could revolutionize data storage.
- Neutron control—the brain as switchboard.
- Compressive sensing; may teach cameras and medical scanners to "see" better.
- Augmented reality—superimposing digital images over the real world.