BusinessWeek gives job-seekers seven signs that you're getting the brush-off:
- Your calls to the recruiter generate nothing but silence.
- You miss the first phone screen; that ship has sailed.
- Musical interviewers; someone else has landed the job.
- Your second interview isn't scheduled by the second week after the first.
- The open position keeps changing.
- The recruiter hasn't contacted you within 4 days of the second interview.
- Ten days after the offer, you still don't have a formal letter in hand.