All that work, and still no six-pack? Newsweek tips you off to six ways you may be hurting your results—and your body.
- Reading while exercising: You need focus for results.
- Excessive sweating: Losing water weight is not the same as losing fat.
- Skipping resistance training: Lift for long-term results.
- Fear of excessive muscles: Unless you're popping growth hormones, ladies, you're not going to bulk up.
- Exercising on an empty stomach: You need fuel to work out, especially early in the day.
- Pretending you know it all: Ask a trainer or an instructor for help.