Saying that “change is no longer a dreamy notion but a reality—and a responsibility,” Rolling Stone lists 100 people from all walks of society with “the power of making people think and making them move.” The top five:
- Barack Obama: “He has a capacity to do so much in the next 8 years that he’ll leave behind a very different understanding of what government can be—and of America itself,” one analyst says.
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin: Google founders are changing “the idea that there’s anything you can’t know—or find in three seconds.”
- Steve Jobs: Apple chief’s triumphs “have improved our world and reshaped industries.”
- Bono: U2 frontman’s “tireless lobbying of the likes of George W. Bush and Tony Blair helped lead to billions in debt relief and additional aid to Africa.”
- Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert: Comedy Central mainstays “have always been masters at mocking the way TV pundits cover politicians.”
For the rest of the list, click the link below.