If you've got it, don't flaunt it. Forbes warns against boasting about these lavish purchases,:
- As your friends' faces get droopy, it's not cool to discuss cosmetic surgery splurges.
- The duck confit may have been exquisite, but resist describing a lavish meal.
- Lest you suffer the same scrutiny as Michigan's Big Three, keep that private jet under wraps.
- Shop online to keep high-end fashion purchases a secret.
- Snag a cheap summer rental, invite down-and-out friends, and keep activities inexpensive.
- Don't tell unemployed friends about vacations.
- The spa could release all this recession stress, but it's a luxury many must skip.
- Bought bling? Describe it as a secure investment during uncertain times.
- Keep the new Rolls in the garage for now.
- Enjoy the compliments on a new fragrance, but don't delve into prices.