Alleged Craigslist killer Philip Markoff is just one of many men whose double lives were exposed by the law, ABC News reports:
- Eliot Spitzer seemed a dedicated governor and family man until he was pinned in a prostitution ring.
- Christophe Rocancourt pretended to be a Rockefeller heir to defraud the rich before he was busted in 2000.
- A charmer, serial killer Ted Bundy played various roles to lure his female victims.
- CBS News anchor Charles Kuralt hid a 29-year affair so well, his wife didn't know about it until a posthumous lawsuit.
- The game was up for Christian Karl Gerhartsreiter, known as well-to-do American Clark Rockefeller, when he kidnapped his 7-year-old daughter.
- David Hampton claimed to be the son of actor Sidney Poitier to score housing at Calvin Klein's—and was the inspiration for the play Six Degrees of Separation.