President Obama's savvy advisers may scoff at his 100th day as a "Hallmark holiday," but they're happy to tell reporters how to cover it. Politico lists what the White House is spinning:
- Obama's not overambitious, just a promise-keeper—right down to that new pup.
- His broader vision is unclear because it's so different.
- He's in touch with the people.
- He's tough on the bad guys, pirates and execs alike, and makes tough decisions.
- He's Obama, not FDR, so don't expect "bold, persistent experimentation" to pay off so quickly.
- Wait, he is FDR, and his aides are worthy of a spot in history books.
- Not only can he keep his cool, but he defines the word like no other gym-going, ESPN-watching president.