As General Motors' Pontiac line is phased out, Ben Wojdyla, on Jalopnik, remembers the truly great cars that bore the mark. If you've got one, keep your garage clean and await a payday.
- 2009 G8 GXP: "GM should be saved for no other reason than to put the G8 GXP on the road." This car fulfills the promise of the Pontiac brand in spades, 415 HP V8 and all.
- 1964 GTO: The vehicle that "ignited the original muscle car wars" will "always have a special place in every car guy's heart." A 325-horsepower V8 doesn't hurt.
- 2010 G8 ST: Alas, it never saw production, smashing "dreams of a modern, tire-smoking, truck-car, mullet-machine" that "were so close to reality."
- 1969 GTO Judge: "Kinda hokey but also pretty cool, with wild color options, matching decals," it "picked up right were the first generation left off."
- 1978 Trans Am: "Burt Reynolds, along with that repressed little redneck inside all of us, will miss" the fantasy of every "boy growing up in the 70s or early 80s."
For the full list of 10, please click the link below.