Movie fans are fuming for one reason or another about most of the blockbusters out this month, the New York Times reports—and studios find it difficult to discern potent protests from the all-too-common casual boycott. A look at which films, and why:
- Terminator Salvation upset fans because of its tame PG-13 rating.
- Trekkies are petitioning Paramount to donate part of Star Trek revenue for exploration of outer space.
- The Vatican has deemed Angels & Demons harmless, but some church leaders have expressed concerned.
- Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, a romantic comedy, ruffled feathers online apparently because of star Jennifer Garner's political views—though boycott organizers wouldn't comment on her offense.
- Miley Cyrus fans pushed an ineffectual boycott of The Soloist after harsh words from its star, Jamie Foxx, about the tween queen.