Before you pack your bags, check out Foreign Policy's list of the five most overhyped tourist locales:
- Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt: Famous beach and diving locale actually tacky and overcrowded.
- Ibiza, Spain: Hippy haven and hedonistic paradise turned into dirty and pricey hole.
- Iceland: Awe-inspiring views rivaled by jaw-dropping prices.
- Badaling, China: Section of the Great Wall closest to Beijing is overcrowded and clumsily restored.
- Washington, D.C.: Mall too hot in August to hike to all the monuments; Capitol Hill too quiet to be interesting.