Tough times tend to foster innovation. If your wallet is feeling a pinch, capitalizing on your creativity may be a way to help, says ABC News. Here are some tips on how to get your brain moving:
- Let your thoughts wander. Allowing your ideas to roam freely can "trigger a 'eureka' moment."
- Take up the piano. Playing music helps you think with both sides of the brain at once.
- Surround yourself with blue. For some reason—maybe it's thoughts of the open sea—the color blue has been shown to inspire creativity.
- Seek out creative people. Ideas often emerge through exchange and interaction, rather than solitude.
- Live in a new country. Research shows a change of scene can be a good source of inspiration.