Online shoppers have discovered "a world beyond Amazon," Ben Parr writes on Mashable. Now they can swap advice, start up shops, and even get to know designers on sites like:
- Pikaba. Post requests for purchases ("I need to buy a new laptop for $500"), receive merchant offers, and trade suggestions via Facebook and Twitter.
- IMShopping. Ask experts or fellow shoppers for advice via Twitter.
- Tigerbow. Give gifts more easily. The site contacts recipients for their address before sending your package.
- Shopflick. See videos introducing you to new clothing and jewelry, and their designers.
- Zlio. Open your own store and promote it via social media.
- Shopseen. You and other shoppers can upload pics of items you've spotted real-world, and yack about them.