Everyone has a story about ducking a ticket. Bankrate.com investigates what's true and what's unfounded optimism:
- Mistakes on the ticket will only win the case if they involve the where and how of the ticket or the car description.
- If the officer doesn't show, you don't automatically win.
- Red cars haven't been proven to get more tickets—yet.
- You don't need a lawyer.
- Your state will find out about out-of-state tickets.
- An excuse won't get you out of a ticket, and admits guilt.
- Radar detectors aren't fail safe.
- Not signing your ticket won't get you off, but it will piss off your officer.