With the move finally official, Matt Hardigree, for Jalopnik, lists the 10 vehicles that bankrupted General Motors:
- Chevrolet SSR: “Meant to capture the imagination of buyers. Unfortunately, few buyers were imagining an expensive, gas-guzzling convertible truck that …was basically unusable as a truck."
- Saturn L-Series: Trying “to pass off an old Opel platform as the new Saturn … was a failure, much like the Saturn brand itself.”
- Hummer H2: When gas prices started to rise the idea of spending $65,000 for a truck that gets 10 MPG seemed ridiculous and the Hummer brand came to represent everything wrong with US automakers.
- Subaru 9-2x “Saabaru”: Slapping a Saab logo on Subaru’s WRX “was the representation of a company with an unclear mission.”
- Cadillac Escalade EXT: Truck version of popular SUV was “based on a truck platform for luxury buyers, who never wanted or needed a truck in the first place.”
For the full list, click the link below.