The recession has many Americans tightening their belts, but some just can’t seem to put away the plastic. Forbes checked in with Equifax and compiled a list of the country's most credit card-happy cities. Conclusion? Florida might have a problem.
- Miami: Average household credit card debt: $9,797, or 22.6% of income.
- Tampa: $7,685, or 17.1%.
- Los Angeles: $8,816, or 16.8%.
- Jacksonville: $8,397, or 16.4%.
- Orlando: $8,233, or 16.4%.
- Riverside, Calif.: $8,758.
- San Diego: $9,694, or 16%.
- San Antonio: $7,489, or 16%.
For the full list, see the source.