With the Obama administration stepping up its push for health-care reform, Mark Halperin, in Time, lists five reasons why it will, and won't, get done. The pros:
- The industry is "still on board."
- "Barack Obama doesn't fail too often."
- It's a must-win for the entire White House agenda.
- Congressional Democrats are "remarkably united" on the issue.
- There's enough big-name Republicans who want a deal.
- The job is too big to do without "genuine bipartisan support."
- Necessary compromise will bring something "well short of universal coverage."
- "The public is not demanding action."
- It's just not worth it for Dems worried about reelection.
- "Most journalists still have health insurance."