Hate the Jonas Brothers? You're not alone—but there’s hope for them yet. Lots of artists have made the leap from teen heartthrob to legitimate musician. J. Edward Keyes, in Rolling Stone, breaks them down:
- The Beatles: It’s easy to forget now, but their pre-Rubber Soul stuff wasn’t exactly cutting-edge art.
- Justin Timberlake: These days he’s great on SNL, but need we recount the ‘NSync and (wince) Mickey Mouse Club years?
- Christina Aguilera: The reviews were brutal, but Stripped turned her career around. Now she’s “one of the finest singers of our generation.”
- Mandy Moore: Grew from a Britney/Christina clone into a thoughtful alt-country artist. And she was great in Saved.
- Hanson: Believe it or not, Hanson has maintained a following, becoming the “elder statesmen of independent music.” Their current stuff synthesizes ‘60s pop and R&B.
For more, click the link below.