Twitter nearly came to a standstill yesterday as huge numbers of users logged on to share their thoughts on Michael Jackson's death, Time reports. Many celebrities were among those offering their condolences.
- MC Hammer: "I will be mourning my friend, brother, mentor and inspiration. He gave me and my family hope. I would never have been me without him."
- Alyssa Milano: "Remember the first time you saw him moonwalk? RIP Michael Jackson."
- Ashton Kutcher: "Plea to the press to respect his wishes of maintaining the anonymity of his children. I plea to the public to refuse to consume media that does not respect the anonymity of Michael's children."
- Sean "P. Diddy" Combs: "Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life!! He made me believe in magic. I will miss him!"
- Wyclef Jean: "RIP to Michael Jackson, my music god. Some lost Elvis Presley and we lost Michael Jackson."