Many of the As Seen on TV goods hawked by the late Billy Mays were reviewed in the pages of Popular Mechanics; Harry Sawyers runs down the bellowing talent's top five infomercial products.
- Hercules Hook: A heavy painting and a sack of books were no match for a hollow-wall anchor that Mays touted as "super strong."
- Mighty Putty: Despite its innocent appearance as a two-part plumber’s epoxy, Mighty Putty managed to pull an 80,000-pound trailer, as demonstrated by Billy.
- Zorbeez: This towel inspired a monumental pitchman battle between Billy—who rapped a memorable snub—and ShamWow frontman Vince Offer. But when it came to mopping up spilled beer, PM gave ShamWow the edge.
- Awesome Auger: Awesome? Not really, and it's not a true auger, says Sawyer, who puts it on the list all the same.
- Liquid Diamond: ShamWow strikes again! Using “Wax and Wash” soap and ShamWow proved superior to Liquid Diamond.