Britney Spears was raised a Baptist, but her latest accessory—a Star of David necklace—led the New York Daily News to take a look back at the religions she’s tried out:
- In 2003, it looked as though she would be one of Madonna’s Kabbalah converts, and she started sporting a red string bracelet believed to ward off the “evil eye.”
- She spurned Kabbalah in 2005 and started worshiping newborn son Sean Preston Federline, saying, “My baby is my religion.”
- In 2006, she experimented with Hinduism and visited a temple.
- The Star of David made its first appearance in 2007, when Brit was dating a Jewish model.
- She briefly went back to Kabbalah, then seemed to revert to her Christian roots as recently as February, when she was spotted wearing cross earrings during a trip home.