Want to accessorize like the stars, but can’t afford diamonds? Never fear: Fingernails are the new, subtler fashion accessory. “You can just get a bottle of nail polish and you're on the trend wagon,” one nail guru tells USA Today. The top celeb nail trends:
- Nail art: Beyoncé has J-A-Y spelled out on three of her nails, with a picture of her famous hubby on her thumb.
- Dark is the new black: Black polish might have been considered goth at one time, but now stars like Lauren Conrad aren’t afraid to wear inky shades.
- Traditional, with a twist: Jennifer Lopez adds shiny silver to the tips of her otherwise-traditional French manicure.
- Go bright: Rihanna has been spotted with polish ranging from neon yellow to kelly green.
- Don’t match: You can take a cue from Solange’s alternating nail colors, but “not at the first job interview,” the expert warns.
- It’s not just for women: You may not want to wear polish, like Seal, but “it’s OK to get a manicure-pedicure” even if you’re a guy.