World got you down? Let one of these coaches buck you up: AskMen picks the best sports movie inspirational talks. The top five:
- Kurt Russell, Miracle: “If we played ‘em 10 times, they might win nine. But not this game.”
- Al Pacino, Any Given Sunday: “You find out life's this game of inches. So is football. The inches we need are everywhere around us.”
- Gene Hackman, Hoosiers: “If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says.”
- Pat O’Brien, Knut Rockne, All-American: “Sometime when the team is up against it, tell them to go out there and win just one for the Gipper.”
- Billy Bob Thornton, Friday Night Lights: “Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didn't let them down, because you told them the truth.”
To see the complete list, click the link below.