President Obama's push for health care reform is hitting heavy turbulence, but Mark Halperin of Time lays out 7 reasons not to bet against him:
- Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and all the committee chairs "are still on board."
- Get a bill to conference committee, and the press will stop "obsessing over every setback" and looking toward the finish line.
- "Rahm Emanuel knows what's possible."
- GOP senators Chuck Grassley and Olympia Snowe "haven't given up" on the Finance Committee.
- The health care industry and businesses "are still largely supportive."
- Look for labor unions to give in at a critical moment.
- Obama himself still isn't rattled.