Though movie stars are the most publicized of Hollywood's Twitterati, fans can get some real insider dirt from directors and producers using the site, too. Mashable runs down 20 who Tweet often, and honestly:
- @Jon_Favreau is ... Jon Favreau: The Iron Man director's "Tweets don’t reek of continual self-promotion, and you get the sense that this guy would be fun to know in real life."
- @freddurst is: Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst, who has turned director, and "uses Twitter as his lifestream, so his feed is chock full of personal photos and uncensored thoughts from his everyday life."
- @DAVID_LYNCH is: Surprise, it's David Lynch! The Blue Velvet director uses his Twitter page "for shameless self-promotion. When you’re David Lynch you can get away with amassing a nice Twitter following and updating them on your recent releases."
- @ThatKevinSmith is: That Kevin Smith. The Clerks director "isn’t one to leave anything to the imagination in his movies or on Twitter."
- @jasonreitman: The Juno director's feed is interesting for "keeping up with the pain and the pleasure of trying to complete a movie."
- @Ghost Panther is, in fact: Adam McKay, director of Anchorman and Talladega Nights. His Tweets provide "a mix of comedic relief and candid reflections. McKay’s another one of those guys that just seems way too down to earth for what he’s accomplished."
For the full list, click the link below.