Facebook addiction interfering with your work? Perhaps you should get a job where an intimate understanding of social networking is a prerequisite. Rachel Zupek runs down five possibilities for CNN.
- Recruiter: The social networks are swarming with qualified candidates, "and it's about time recruiters joined them." They can "find candidates faster, screen them better, and reach out to individuals they wouldn't see otherwise."
- Strategist: For firms looking to enter the Wild West of the web, some informed guidance is necessary. "Companies are seeking social media strategists to find the best way to interact within various social sites and online communities."
- Enterprise architect: For companies that have taken the plunge into the online pool, an experienced hand is necessary to keep the push organized and humming along. "This is the most exciting job in social media," an insider says.
- User operations analyst: "User experience is one of the most vital parts of the business," and every company needs " to have someone in charge of the experience themselves."
- Director of social media: A leader who has "a background in building teams and who really gets the promise and the purpose of social media."