Sarah Palin's resignation has fueled talk of a presidential bid, but the first female occupant of the Oval Office may yet be a Democrat, the Washington Post surmises. Here are some of the leading possibilities.
- Kirsten Gillibrand: the New York senator has impressive fundraising chops and a killer instinct—her nickname is "Tracy Flick," after Reese Witherspoon's insanely competitive character in Election.
- Janet Napolitano: the homeland security secretary comes from the increasingly Democratic west, and her political savvy is second to none.
- Karenna Gore Schiff: for true believers, she's the successor to her father Al.
- Amy Klobuchar: hugely popular, the Minnesota senator is only 49 and has national ambitions.
- Michelle Obama: even more popular than her husband—if only she wanted the job.
For the rest of the list, click the link below.