When the editors and writers at the Onion AV Club aren’t working—which appears to be often—they have their own “favorite time-wasting” websites to frequent. A sampling:
- CNN: "They’ve got some news there that you can read and junk," Nathan Rabin writes. "As a news-gathering operation, they aren’t in the same ballpark as The Onion, The Daily Show, or The Colbert Report, but they’re not half bad, all things considered."
- Fuckyeahanimalswithcasts: 'Nuff said.
- Geekologie: It delights with "news about a kid who drank gasoline to be more like a Transformer," Steve Heisler writes, as well as info on "where to buy an iPhone case that looks like a Game Boy (success!)."
- The Daily Dish: Noel Murray drops in on Andrew Sullivan's Atlantic blog, finds it "has a new item up (which happens about 40 times a day)."
- The Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse: "I need zombies like zombies need brains," writes Jason Heller.
- None: "You’re all fired. All of you," writes Keith Phipps. "I’ve got an RSS feed I neglect daily just to stay on top of all your nonsensical ramblings."