Jon & Kate Plus 8 may no longer be an appropriate title, but the TLC reality show returned last night—as did yet more tabloid coverage of the divorcing couple. Highlights:
- On a solo camping trip with the kids, Kate had a hard time with the tent, leading the kids to taunt, “Daddy knows everything about a tent!” Kate’s reply: “Wow! Well, he’s not here,” E! reports. Later, one of the twins noted, “We’d probably die if we lived in nature with her.”
- In what might be the understatement of the year, Jon admitted, “It’s kinda strange. We’re remodeling our kitchen in the middle of our separation.”
- The awkwardness isn’t limited to TV: Jon and Kate ran into each other at the local UPS yesterday, where they were photographed together, Us adds.
- Kate Major is still talking—this time to E! for an exclusive interview airing tomorrow. The tabloid-reporter-turned-Jon-galpal addresses her “instant chemistry” with Jon, and says she has no regrets but would “probably not” do it again.
- Can’t decide what to be for Halloween? Go as Kate Gosselin! Her trademark asymmetrical hairdo has been made into a wig, Us reports.