The App Store has thousands programs for sale. Which are worth your time and money? PC World sifts through the junk to give you the best games:
- Real Soccer 2009. A superb game with intuitive controls.
- Strategery. A single and multi-player “board” game in the vein of Risk, Strategery is both entertaining and addictive.
- Zen Bound. A tactile, beautifully rendered puzzle game in which you wrap rope around various objects. Sounds boring, but you'll be "astonished."
- iDracula. A bloody, well-made survival shooter—for the "hardcore" crowd.
- Rolando 2. A sequel to the hit puzzle game that has you tilt the iPhone to navigate spherical characters through maps, with graphics by illustrator Mikko Walamies.
- Wolfenstein 3D. Get a dose of shooter nostalgia with the iPhone version of this classic.
- Need for Speed Undercover. Hailed by AppVee and IGN as the best iPhone racing game.
- Assassin’s Creed: Altair’s Chronicles. The iPhone version of this console hit is one of the most ambitious games for the iPhone.
- PuzzleQuest Chapter 1 and 2. Story-based puzzle gaming in a fantasy setting. What’s not to like?
- WordPops. Tetris and Scrabble combine for a great time-waster.