Not all world leaders are world fashion leaders. Time pokes fun at the most inept:
- Kim Jong-Il. He mainly wears khaki suits that call attention to his paunch and “Kanye West-sized” sunglasses.
- Vladimir Putin. Not a bad dresser—when he wears clothes. Unfortunately, he's often snapped shirtless to keep his strongman image intact.
- Augusto Pinochet. Chile's dictator dressed like a Hollywood villain: shiny jackboots, army uniform, and the occasional cape. The result was somewhere between a Nazi general, Dracula, and Street Fighter’s M. Bison.
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. He forgoes a tie as per Ayatollah Khomeini’s declaration that the accessory is un-Iranian. In his signature khaki windbreaker, then, he recalls the '80s “Members Only” fad.
- Fidel Castro. He spent his convalescence from recent surgery in a colorful Adidas tracksuit. He looked sharp, but should a Communist leader really embrace an international clothing brand?
Click the link for the complete list.