TV critics got a taste of fall at the Summer TV Press Tour. They pooled their thoughts on the good, the bad, and the ugly for the Los Angeles Times. The bad:
- The Beautiful Life: TBL: Ashton Kutcher rambled; Elle MacPherson said nothing. And why the “superfluous and extremely annoying 'TBL'"? writes Sarah Jersild.
- Eastwick: Clips were played to the True Blood theme song—a bit pretentious.
- Gordon Ramsay: Cookalong Live: Tired TV critics tried to cook at this event. “Imagine the heat of that resentment multiplied a million-fold” across the country, notes Hanh Nguyen.
- Bored to Death: Jason Schwartzman, Ted Danson, and Zach Galifianakis were “very amusing” discussing the HBO comedy about a “writer turned private detective," writes Rick Porter.
- So You Think You Can Dance: The best of the summer moves to the fall—and Evan Kasprzak's “even-more-talented brother” joins, notes Brill Bundy.
- Glee: It’s sort of like High School Musical, but “more edgy, more adult.”
- Curb Your Enthusiasm: “Two words: Seinfeld. Reunion.”