Entertainment Weekly looks at the most promising movies for the fall. Here's a sampling:
- 9: Shane Acker’s Oscar-nominated short about sentient rag dolls gets a big-screen treatment courtesy of producer Tim Burton.
- The Informant: Matt Damon gained 30 pounds for Steven Soderbergh’s film on corporate whistleblowers.
- Jennifer’s Body: A possessed Megan Fox eats boys for lunch in this high school horror film, written by Diablo Cody.
- Shutter Island: Leonardo DiCaprio stars in Martin Scorsese’s adaptation of the novel about two US marshals forced to spend the night in a mental institution.
- Capitalism: A Love Story: Michael Moore examines the financial crisis and American society in his latest documentary.
- Couples Retreat: Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau team up again for this tropical comedy about marriage therapy.
- Zombieland: Woody Harrelson fights zombies! Oh yeah!
- The Road: Viggo Mortensen stars in this adaptation of the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel by Cormac McCarthy.
- Where the Wild Things Are: Spike Jonze and Dave Eggers bring their talents to the classic childhood tale.
Click the link below for the complete list.