New York has housed many a famous cheater in its fancy hotels—the Daily News lists the top five:
- Four Seasons: Alex Rodriguez courted prostitutes here while still married to Cynthia, alleges Manhattan madam Kristin Davis.
- Days Inn: Gov. David Paterson went the budget route at this $150-a-night hotel during his three years of adultery—then took his wife there during their marriage counseling.
- The Lowell Hotel: Bernie Madoff brought Sheryl Weinstein here for their first date, she claims in her tell-all book.
- Loews Hotel-Regency: Rielle Hunter first met future lover John Edwards in the lobby of this hotel, which is also known for hosting Frank Gifford’s cheating on Kathie Lee.
- The Carlyle Hotel: John F. Kennedy kept an apartment here, where he supposedly romanced Marilyn Monroe—who used a service entrance and underground tunnels to stay discreet.