Josh Skolnick was looking for a way to sum up what a hipster is for the Stimulist, and stumbled upon the perfect tool: Stuff Hipsters Hate, a website that "gives the world its most coherent vision yet of what defines these folks.” A sampling:
- Other hipsters: "To be a true hipster, one does not identify oneself as such. That is why you will often hear dudes in skintight jeans and chicks flashing calculator wrist watches muttering, “Fucking hipsters."
- Buying girls drinks: "This isn’t about his complete lack of financial resources. It’s because he’s a feminist. The 21st century is all about equality, babe."
- Sobriety: Sure, "knowledge may be power, but the total obliteration of cognizance is totes more fun."
- Squares in their bars: "Hipsters don’t show up at Midtown joints and force you into heated conversations about the latest Black Lips album, Mr. Bro, so why do you insist upon swilling mojitos where you so clearly do not belong?"
- Hair washing: "The structural integrity of a hipster’s hair is severely jeopardized by water."
Much, much more in "Elsewhere" below.