Staffers say that “No Drama Obama” largely deserves his nickname. Nonetheless, there are ways to tick the president off. Politico lists his biggest pet peeves:
- When aides schedule events that conflict with dad/daughter time.
- People who try to get him to wear baseball gear from teams other than the White Sox.
- Missing his daily workout.
- Photographers who take a seemingly endless stream of snapshots of him.
- The “shine police”—makeup artists who constantly re-powder his face before interviews.
- Getting too-detailed instructions. “If you spend too much time telling him where to go, how you get there, and everything in between, it drives him crazy,” said one long-time aide.
- The biggest pet peeve: being late. “He hates inconveniencing people,” said another aide. "He hates being rushed, and he hates shortchanging someone.”