Never had an inspiring, funny, or even downright godawful teacher? Luckily, Hollywood has them in spades. Babble presents the 40 best fictional teachers:
- Ms. Norbury, Mean Girls: She taught “the female student body to lay off the sexist insults.”
- Economics teacher, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off: Ben Stein gave “an anthem to class-cutters everywhere with his monotone role call: ‘Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?’”
- Professor Dumbledore, Harry Potter: It's no wonder “the greatest wizard in the world” was a great teacher, too.
- Melvin B. Tolson, The Great Debaters: “Melvin Tolson exhausts all resources” in the battle for equal rights for his black debate team.
- Roberta Guaspari, Music of the Heart: Guaspari turns an inner-city music program into a Carnegie Hall master ensemble.
For the rest of the list, click the link below.