The Project Runway designers were hit with the “fun challenge” of crafting a maternity dress last night for “impossibly-beautiful-at-any-stage-of-fertility Rebecca Romijn,” writes Claire Zulkey for the Los Angeles Times:
- Malvin Vien: It was obvious he “was going to be in trouble when his vision was of a ‘mother hen,’” and alas, he ended up being eliminated.
- Ra'mon-Lawrence Coleman: “His color-blocked violet dress looked like a bowling ball bag.”
- Rodney Epperson: “A sleek jumpsuit with a huge belly sticking out of it just looked odd, plus I can't imagine that being very versatile for a pregnant woman.”
- Louise Black: Though her “red lingerie-inspired dress was incredibly thoughtfully made, with room for expanding bosoms, it was a little too baby-doll for me to be a maternity dress.”
- Althea Harper: “Her dark jersey long gown” was a contender for best design, but “seemed way too small in the front for an expecting woman.”
- Shirin Askari: Her “draped and handworked dress” is “wearable even as a non-maternity dress,” and emerged victorious.