President Obama has promised to “answer many of the big questions” tonight, but Mike Memoli of RealClearPolitics will be looking for answers to small questions, like:
- Which Obama will show up? Will he be the fiery campaigner from Monday’s AFL-CIO meeting or President Teleprompter? Sadly, Robert Gibbs says it’ll be “less labor rally and a little bit more Congress.”
- Can he turn down the public option heat? As usual, Obama will probably say he supports a public plan, but doesn’t want to make "perfect the enemy of good."
- How will Democrats react? Which Democrats will stand and applaud which sections—and which will avoid reporters afterward because they didn’t like what they heard?
- How will Republicans react? Will they applaud anything at all?
- Will death panels make an appearance? Expect Obama to spend some of his 30 minutes discussing what’s not in the bill.