A dropped TD pass didn't deflate Tate Forcier. The Michigan freshman simply threw another one on the next play. After LaTerryal Savory bobbled and dropped a go-ahead TD with just seconds remaining, Forcier hit Greg Mathews for a 5-yard score with 11 seconds left, lifting the Wolverines to a 38-34 win over No. 18 Notre Dame today. Forcier was 23 of 33 for 240 yards, two TDs and an interception in the win. He ran for 70 yards and a score.
The AP and MSNBC report on other college football action:
- The Houston Cougars took a 17-point halftime lead and stunned No. 5 Oklahoma State, 45-35.
- Tim Tebow connected on 15 of 24 for 237 yards as the top-ranked Florida Gators crushed the Troy Trojans, 56-6.
- No. 2 Texas demolished Wyoming, 41-10. Colt McCoy was 30 of 47 for 337 yards.
- No. 7 Penn State topped Syracuse, 28-7.
- No. 9 Brigham Young dismantled Tulane, 54-3.
- No.15 Georgia Tech squeaked by Clemson, 30-27.
For more scores, click on the MSNBC link below.