Kanye West is only the latest celebrity to invade the stage and rain on someone else’s parade. The Daily Mirror runs down 10 other notable moments, from funny to tragic:
- Keith Richards: Famously guitar-chopped a fan who rushed the stage.
- Noel Gallagher: On-stage shove left him with three broken ribs.
- Robbie Williams: Actually got pushed off the stage in 2001.
- Ian Brown: After being arrested for assault during a San Francisco show in 2005, was dragged from the stage by a crowd surfer in 2008 and took 10 stitches for a head wound.
- Dimebag Darrell: Shot and killed, along with three others, during an Ohio gig in 2005.
- Iggy Pop: More than 100 fans joined him onstage at Glastonbury in 2007.
- Pete Doherty: Last year’s gig at the Royal Albert Hall descended into chaos when fans rushed the stage en masse.
- 50 Cent: Pelted with deck chairs at the 2006 Reading Festival, and a fan stole his bling in Angola.
- Michael Jackson: Jarvis Cocker bum-rushed the stage to protest Jackson’s performance at the Brit Awards in 2006.
- Kanye West: Invaded the stage—sound familiar?—at this year’s MTV EMA Awards, where he complained about not winning the award for best video.