Stuck with a long layover? You don’t have to idle in the airport. Condé Nast Traveler presents its readers' best suggestions for killing an hour or 4:
- Honolulu: Take a 25-minute cab ride to Waikiki Beach to enjoy the sand, surf, and views of Diamond Head crater.
- London: Get downtown on the Heathrow Express in just 15 minutes, then take the Underground to museums, Big Ben, or the London Eye.
- San Francisco: Public transportation will get you downtown, just a short walk from Chinatown or the famous cable cars, in about 30 minutes.
- Minneapolis: Did someone say shopping? You can be at the Mall of America in about 10 minutes.
- Los Angeles: The airport can be tough to deal with, but luckily it’s just half an hour’s cab ride from the Santa Monica Pier, which offers 2-hour trapeze classes.
- Vancouver: Take a $25 cab ride to Granville Island, a popular public market—you can rent a kayak when you’re done perusing the local goods.
- Singapore: You might not want to leave the Changi Airport: It features a rooftop swimming pool and Jacuzzi, a variety of nature trails, and a movie lounge.
For more suggestions, click the link below.