Fortune’s just released its annual list of the country’s highest-paid men and women. The men come out on top, with the top-paid man making two and a half times what the top woman makes. The top 10 men are below, along with total 2008 compensation.
- Aubrey McClendon, Chairman and CEO, Chesapeake Energy, $112.5 million
- Sanjay Jha, co-CEO and CEO of mobile devices, Motorola, $104.5 million
- Lawrence Ellison, CEO, Oracle, $84.5 million
- Richard Adkerson, president and CEO, Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold, $72.3 million
- Bob Simpson, chairman, XTO Energy, $53.5 million
- Robert Iger, president and CEO, Walt Disney, $51.1 million
- Lloyd Blankfein, chairman and CEO, Goldman Sachs, $43 million
- Kenneth Chenault, chairman and CEO, American Express, $42.8 million
- Jon Winkelried, president and co-COO, Goldman Sachs, $42.4 million
- Gary Cohn, president and co-COO, Goldman Sachs, $42.3 million
For the next 15, click the link below.