The Chicago Bears stunned the Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers today with a last-minute, 44-yard field goal, the Chicago Tribune reports, and won 17-14. In other NFL action:
- The New York Jets kept New England out of their end zone in a taut, 16-9 win over the Patriots, ESPN reports.
- Drew Brees was 25-for-34 with 311 yards and three touchdowns as the New Orleans Saints clobbered the Philadelphia Eagles, 48-22.
- Brett Favre broke an NFL record by starting for a 271st straight time, leading Minnesota over the hapless Detroit Lions, 27-13.
- Kurt Warner set a single-game NFL record for completion percentage, going 24 for 26, as the Arizona Cardinals beat the Jacksonville Jaguars, 31-17.
- Chad Ochocinco fulfilled his promise to make a Lambeau Leap in Green Bay after scoring a touchdown—the difference in a 31-24 Cincinnati Bengals win over the Packers.
For more scores, click the ESPN link below.