Now that Barbie and He-Man are joining fellow toy franchises Transformers and GI Joe on the big screen, who can play the iconic characters? The Independent has some ideas. For Barbie:
- Anna Faris, Heather Graham, or Katherine Heigl: Would be perfect if not for the fact that they’re in their thirties.
- Reese Witherspoon: Legally Blonde proved she could do it, but she’s also a bit too old.
- Hayden Panetierre or Blake Lively: Both are in a more suitable age range—and both are TV stars in need of a breakthrough film role.
- Dakota Fanning: If she gets the part, then how about Pamela Anderson for her mother?
- Paris Hilton: Mark Pasetsky of Cover Awards comes up with quite possibly the best choice.
- Christian Bale: He’s the sort of actor who would wear leather underpants and shout, “I have the power”—and take it seriously.
- Daniel Craig: Has the blond hair and the muscular frame.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: After all, he did play Conan the Barbarian.