The decision to award President Obama the Nobel Peace Prize has clearly made some people unhappy, writes Katie Connolly for Newsweek. Here are six of the most peeved:
- Nicolas Sarkozy: The French president was also up for the honor but was passed over for someone he’s described as “naïve and inexperienced.”
- Michelle Obama: If you thought controlling “the one’s” ego was hard before…
- Bill Clinton: Clinton can make a strong case for winning the prize himself. What’s worse is that having given it to an American president, and his own vice president, the Nobel committee probably won’t consider him anytime soon.
- George W. Bush: Giving Obama the Peace Prize after less than a year in office is basically an expression of how much the Nobel committee is glad to have Dubya gone.
- Brangelina: These two could just lie back and enjoy their millions for the rest of their lives, but instead have taken serious steps to promote international peace.
- The Taliban: It must be kind of funny to see the guy who is ordering marines to find and kill you get a prize for peace.