Why must everything, from burgers to pizza to Vietnamese street sandwiches, have a high-end gourmet version? Those three things should die, along with 9 other food trends that bug Esquire:
- Faux speakeasies: spots with no phone number, sign
- "Farm to table": idea is fine, but the expression must die
- Unisex bathrooms
- Calorie counts on menus
- More than one kind of salt on the table
- Our obsession with restaurant critics
- "Cocktail programs": Esquire didn't explain what that means...
- "Any food turned into powder"
- Waiters named "Todd": just because