Got a smartphone, but just not sure where to start with the apps? New York magazine has the faves of some famous New Yorkers:
- Jimmy Fallon, Bionic Eye for iPhone: “Basically, you aim your camera down the street and it will show you floating graphics of where, say, the nearest Starbucks is.” Cost: 99 cents.
- Katie Couric, TwitterBerry for Blackberry: “Makes tweeting really easy, like sending a text message.” Cost: Free.
- Salman Rushdie, Bump for iPhone: “It’s the one where, if you and I both had iPhones, you bump yours against mine and it exchanges our information.” Cost: Free.
- Al Roker, Pow for iPhone: “You hit the air with it and it makes a punching sound, like you’re having a fist fight. Guys like doing fist fights.” Cost: Free.
- Ivanka Trump, Pandora for Blackberry: “I listen to music—Lady Gaga, Kanye, Jay-Z, the Beatles, Robert Plant—while I’m walking down Fifth Avenue to my office in the Trump Tower early each morning.” Cost: Free.
For the complete list, click the link below.