Prejean, Pageant Drop Lawsuits
Former Miss California will not have to pay for her new breasts
By Evann Gastaldo,  Newser Staff
Posted Nov 4, 2009 8:12 AM CST
Miss California Carrie Prejean waves to the crowd as she takes part in the finale at the Dove awards in Nashville, Tenn., Thursday, April 23, 2009. The Dove awards honor Christian and gospel music.   (AP Photo/Mark Humphrey)
camera-icon View 2 more images

(Newser) – Have we heard the last of Carrie Prejean? Probably not, but the former Miss California and pageant producers have dropped their dueling lawsuits. A statement says they “wish each other the best in their future endeavors,” but gives no word on the settlement reached. A source tells Radar Prejean decided to drop her religious discrimination suit when the pageant filed a countersuit demanding she pay for her breast augmentation.

“We’re so glad to be back in the business of beauty and out of the litigious system that is Carrie Prejean,” the pageant's exec tells the New York Daily News, adding that the Prejean fiasco led to changes in this year’s pageant, airing Nov. 22. “We’re crowning two girls this year,” he says. “After the last year, I dare say it has a lot to do with the past.”