Google is hiring, and we hear it’s a great place to work. But even if you’re an Ivy League grad with a great GPA, you’re going to have to survive the dreaded Google Interview process. How dreaded? Well, here are some questions they’ve asked, along with how Business Insider would answer them:
- How much should you charge to wash all the windows in Seattle? The key here is to simplify the question. How about $10 per window?
- How many piano tuners are there in the world? This is a classic “Fermi Problem.” You’re supposed to make estimates, then calculate an answer based on them.
- Design an evacuation plan for San Francisco. This is all about how you tackle problems. Start by asking what disaster we’re preparing for.
- How many times a day do a clock’s hands overlap? 22.
- A man pushed his car to a hotel and lost his fortune. What happened? He landed on Boardwalk.
For more, check the sources. The first has the questions, the second the answers.